Hello! In this article, you will be provided with everything you need to know about the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto
Brief Description of Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
A unique opportunity for outstanding overseas students to study in one of the world’s best institutions in one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities is provided by the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships offered by the University of Toronto (U of T).
Scholarships will be awarded to students who have excelled academically and creatively, as well as those who have been identified as school leaders. A focus is placed on the student’s contribution to the school and community, as well as their ability to make a beneficial impact on the global community in the future.
These scholarships, which are given out each year, are open to students from all over the world, including those who are currently enrolled in Canadian high schools. For overseas students, this is the most coveted and difficult-to-win grant at the University of Toronto.
For four years, the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will pay for all of your school expenses, including tuition, books, supplies, and living expenses. Only first-year, undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto are eligible for the award. Lester B. Pearson Scholars are awarded to around 37 students each year.
Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Level/Field of study: The undergraduate programme offered at the University
Number of Awards: Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Target group: Students from all over the world attend Canadian high schools, including those from other countries.
Scholarship value/inclusions/duration: For four years, the scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full living expenses.
Eligibility for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto
Any of the following are required to be eligible for consideration for a Pearson International Scholarship.
- student from outside of Canada who needs a study permit
- currently senior in high school or will graduate in June of 2022 at the latest
- commencing your studies in September 2023 at the University of Toronto (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Instructions for applying:
To be eligible to apply for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto, you must:
- Your high school must recommend you for consideration as a Pearson Scholar before you can apply to the University of Toronto for undergraduate studies.
- Obtain a recommendation from your place of education. (High
- that have not been contacted or vetted should fill out this form to request nomination privileges.)
- Complete your application for admission to the University of Toronto by the applicable dates in 2023 if you wish to begin your studies there.
- You can apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship online once the University has received a nomination and you have applied the university.
- The nomination deadline for schools is November 30, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. The application date for students is December 14, 2022. (you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2022). The deadline for submitting a scholarship application is January 16, 2023.
- To learn more about how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website (link provided below).
Application Deadline: Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto application ends 30 Nov 2022/16 Jan 2023 (annual)
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto Course starts Sept 2023
Click HERE to apply