Applications for the Meta Research Fellowship Program are now being accepted from eligible students. It is a fully paid scholarship provided by Meta Platforms to all students.
About Meta Research Fellowship
The Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowship is an international initiative created to encourage and aid deserving doctoral candidates conducting cutting-edge, pertinent research in computer science and engineering fields.
We welcome applications from people with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, especially those who belong to historically underrepresented minority groups. Applications are assessed based on the quality of the applicant’s research statement, a record of publications, and letters of recommendation.
About Meta Research Fellowship Program
The Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowship is an international initiative created to promote and encourage bright doctoral candidates to conduct cutting-edge, pertinent research in the fields of computer science and engineering at recognized academic institutions.
Since the Fellowship program’s inception, they have financed more than 200 students from all over the world, and they are pleased to continue helping outstanding Ph.D. researchers in a range of technology study fields.
The goal of the Meta Research Ph.D. program is to interact with the recipients of the Fellowships, learn alongside them, and jointly identify new business opportunities.
Benefits of metal Research Fellowship Program
- Amounts paid for the academic year’s tuition and fees (up to two years or four semesters)
- a $42,000 yearly stipend to cover living and travel expenses for conferences
- paid attendance at the summit annual fellowship at the Meta headquarters (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Many chances to interact with Meta researchers
- By the start of the fellowship, candidates must be full-time Ph.D. students enrolled in an approved university (in any nation).
- The involvement of students in ongoing research in one or more relevant domains
- For the fellowship term, students must continue to be enrolled full-time to be eligible for program benefits.
- If a student is actively receiving funding from Meta through another sponsorship or partnership, or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Meta researcher, they should not submit an application for the fellowship.
Research Areas 2023
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Wireless
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- Computational Social Science
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Human-Computer Interaction – Social Media, People, & Society
- Privacy and Data Practices
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Technology Policy Research
Applications Need to Contain
- A 500-word study brief that concisely summarizes the award-winning work’s emphasis, significance to the discipline, and relevance to Meta
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is from a professor
Application deadline September 20, 2022
We hope this information has answered any questions you may have had. Why not share to make someone else’s life better? If you click the “Share” button on this site, you can send it to your friends and family.