Mother Charged with Murder of Her Son, In east London, a lady has been charged with the murder of her four-year-old son. Keziah Macharia, 41, was scheduled to appear in jail at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday, charged with the murder of her son, Kobi Dooley-Macharia.
Mother Charged with Murder of Her Son, four, Who Was Stabbed to Death in East London
They also stated that a special post-mortem examination was scheduled for next Thursday.
“Police were called to an address in Montague Road, E8 at approximately 22:50hrs on Wednesday, 20 December following concerns for the welfare of a child,” officers added.
“Kobi was found suffering knife injuries; he was taken to hospital for treatment but subsequently died from his injuries.”
When one neighbor arrived home from work after midnight, he noticed a large number of police cars on the road outside.
They claimed to have overheard officers discussing the discovery of a knife in the washbasin. She explained, holding back tears, that they had a Christmas card on their table that they intended to send to them.
Another neighbor, who lives across the street, described the family in the flat as “lovely people” when she approached the door.
As forensic detectives continued to work upstairs, one resident who lives right across the street came out to lay a bouquet on the wall at the cordon but refused to speak to reporters.
“It’s shocking,” said local Paul King, who grew up in the area and now lives on the street behind. Just around the corner from here, someone was shot on her doorstep a few weeks ago.
“There appears to be a bit of a violence epidemic in the borough.” This is the worst I’ve seen in a long time. It just makes me want to leave London entirely.”
A woman next door to the flat that police were searching described the youngster as ‘energetic, courteous, and charming,’ claiming he always said hello to her son, who was of a similar age.
She claimed to have seen her emerge from the flat in her pajamas, covered in blood, shivering, and hard breathing.
The Metropolitan Police stated no one else was wanted in connection with the incident and that the boy’s next of kin had been notified.
“This is an extremely distressing incident that will understandably cause shock and disbelief amongst the local community and those who attended the scene,” said Det Chief Supt James Conway, who commands policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets.
“We are collaborating with our partners, including Hackney Council and the school community, to ensure that people in need receive assistance.” Specialist officers from our homicide squad are continuing to work on this investigation to determine the circumstances of this little child’s death and the events that led up to it.
“This incident occurred within the home and, while [there is] no wider public safety risk, additional officers will be present in the area as we recognize the impact this will have on the community.”